One of Robert Altman’s (The Long Goodbye, Gosford Park, McCabe & Mrs. Miller) greatest masterpieces, Images is a tour-de-force of psychological horror. Dealing with hallucinations and apparitions, the film deftly blends reality with nightmare as Susannah York’s children’s author is terrorised by visions of mayhem and murder.
On its release, Images reaped accolades although it has now become one of Altman’s lesser known works, so this Arrow Academy release marks the perfect time to rediscover it.
Once thought lost after it was rumoured that the original negatives were burned by Columbia Pictures, Images is here given the release it deserves, with a brand new 4K restoration from the original – distinctly not burned – negative making the most of that stunning cinematography.
The Blu-ray is also packed with special features to keep even the most ardent cinephile happy. A commentary and interview recorded prior to Altman’s death in 2006 are joined by brand new features such as an interview with actor Cathryn Harrison to make this a must-have for Altman devotees.
Images arrives 19th March 2018 from Arrow Academy. It’s available to buy and own now: arrowfilms.com/images-blu-ray – Our winner will be picked on 25th March!
To be in with a chance of winning, just tell us in the comments below:
Which year was Images originally released?
Terms & Conditions
- Open to UK participants only
- Competition closes on 25th March 2018
- 1 (one) winner will receive 1 (one) copy of Images on Blu-ray
- The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into
- There is no cash alternative to Prizes which are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable. Prizes may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the Prize winner.