We’re all on-board at Critical Popcorn for some fancy, smart tech and so we’re very intrigued by the news of Amazon’s all-new re-imagined Kindle Paperwhite, featuring a thinner and lighter design, sleek flush-front display, and waterproofing. That latter part is especially interesting, and they’re promising it’s designed to withstand getting splashed at the beach or dropped in the bath tub, or even the pool. Basically, it’s IPX8 rated which means that it’s protected against immersion in up to two metres of fresh water for up to 60 minutes. Now that’s handy if you’re anything like me!
It also comes with Audible so you can switch seamlessly between reading and listening to professionally narrated performances from the world’s largest selection of audiobooks. This all-new Kindle Paperwhite also comes with twice the storage – so you can hold more large files like audiobooks, magazines, newspapers, and comics – has the favourite glare-free display and battery life is measured in weeks. Don’t need any more stats? Well then, pre-order today for just £119.99 at www.amazon.co.uk/kindlepaperwhite and they’re starting shipping on 7 November.
Fancy a bit more technical insight? Here you go…
- It is the thinnest and lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet, measuring 8.18mm thick and weighing 182g—less than half the weight of many paperback books—so extended reading sessions are even more comfortable.
- The six-inch, high resolution 300 ppi display features crisp, printed-quality text that reads like real paper. It also includes five LEDs and an adjustable front light for a uniform, glare-free display in any setting—even direct sunlight.
- With Bluetooth built-in, listen to your favourite Audible book and switch seamlessly between reading and listening. Just connect your all-new Kindle Paperwhite to a Bluetooth-enabled device, like speakers or headphones, and dive into a story.
The features you love about Kindle…
By design, Kindle devices are purpose-built for reading so you can lose yourself in a book. Unlike tablets and phones, a Kindle has no glare, even in bright sunlight, and won’t distract you with social media, emails, text messages, or notifications.
- Whispersync and Whispersync for Voice—Saves and synchronises your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBooks and Audible books across all of your Amazon devices and Kindle apps, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device, whether you’re reading or listening.
- Goodreads—Kindle is integrated with the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations, with over 50 million members, 1.3 billion books added, and 47 million book reviews.
- X-Ray—Explore the “Bones of the Book”—see all of the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest.
- Word Wise—Available on many popular English language titles, Word Wise makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words, so you can keep reading with fewer interruptions.
- Family Library—With Kindle and Kindle reading apps, you can access not only your own books, but also books from the Amazon account of a spouse or partner.
- Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information via X-Ray and Wikipedia.
Pre-order now my friends, right here: https://amzn.to/2yUU4Qg