Over the next few weeks, the red carpet has well and truly been rolled out for the film season in London’s West End. To immerse yourself in the best of home-grown and international cinema, look no further than Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus – the Home of Film – where there’s a jam-packed schedule of activity happening in and around the area throughout September and October for all lovers of culture.
The Raindance Film Festival (18th – 29th September) and the BFI London Film Festival (2nd – 13th October) will both take place in key venues throughout the coming weeks, a must for all film buffs, where a variety of red-carpet galas, screenings and workshops will be taking place.
On Raindance Film Festival’s return to the square, Elliot Grove, founder of the festival, had this to say:
“Everyone knows that Leicester Square is the home of film. And that includes independent film. The Raindance Film Festival is delighted to be here once again in this, our 27th year.”
BFI London Film Festival’s artistic director Tricia Tuttle added:
“We’re delighted to be able to host so many of the screenings and events as part of the BFI London Film Festival here in and around Leicester Square. The area’s rich history and reputation as the home of entertainment really adds to the festival atmosphere and we will be hosting many of the main galas in the extraordinary new ODEON Luxe and we’re thrilled to be back at the plush screens at Vue on the Square and hope to see as many members of the public there as possible to enjoy it!”
Alongside the range of red-carpet moments on offer, Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus’ local businesses will be offering the below activities throughout the coming weeks:
ODEON Luxe Leicester Square
- BFI LONDON FILM FESTIVAL: ODEON Luxe Leicester Square will be a main West End venue for the festival, where the landmark cinema will be hosting the Opening, Closing and American Express Galas
- LEAFF (London East Asia Film Festival): ODEON will be hosting the opening night gala of the LEAFF on the evening of 24th October
- Shaun The Sheep: ODEON Luxe Leicester Square will be hosting the Shaun the Sheep premiere on the morning of Sunday 22nd September – head down to the square to join in the excitement!
- ODEON, Oscar’s Bar: Indulge in a wide selection of film themed cocktails. From £11 – £20 each, sip on a movie-mad concoction including Popcorn Espresso Martini, Oscar’s Pop n Coke or a Lily’s Pink Gin Spritz.
- A Second Chance – World Premiere. 19th September: A Second Chance is a campaigning feature-length documentary that casts a spotlight onto one of the most marginalised groups in today’s society: Former prisoners – picturehouses.com/ASecondChance
- American Black Film Festival: 27-29 September the first London-based ABFF (27th is invite only) with screenings, Q&As and panels across the weekend. The American Black Film Festival (ABFF) is an annual event dedicated to empowering black artists and showcasing quality film and television content by and about people of African descent: abff.com
- Enjoy a selection of film themed cocktails, like the Terminator, the exclusive Raindance Film Festival Cocktail. Filled with Pink Gin and Martini Fiero with grapefruit juice topped off with tonic, it’s a must for any film buff!
- And an enjoy an exclusive 20% off food when you show your film festival ticket in the restaurant, or use mention festival code: FILM20 to redeem the offer
Victory House Hotel
- Treat yourself to the best seats in the house with overlooking views of the red carpet action outside both Vue and ODEON Luxe LSQ, with a special 10% off bookings during the festival season
- Throughout the film season, both Byron Haymarket and Byron Charing Cross will be offering 2-4-1 cocktails for anyone attending both film festivals – show your film ticket to your server and claim on arrival when you buy a burger!
- MOD Pizza will be running a limited time only promotional offer where anyone who has a ticket or a pass to either of the festivals will receive a free drink with any pizza purchased. These include a free soda, milkshake, medium glass of wine or pint of beer.
London Rialto G Casino
- Anyone with a West End Cinema ticket, or a pass to a pre-purchased festival pass can be treated to a mouth-watering deal of 2-4-1 cocktails. Filled with classic casino games and a stylish bar area from which you can enjoy the full French Renaissance style décor, it’s the perfect place to refuel before (or after) your cinematic adventure.
Follow Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus – the Home of Entertainment