Another beauty from Second Sight Films is on the way! This time, it’s the unique cult horror The Babadook, which saw The Nightingale’s Jennifer Kent make a huge impact with her feature film debut. Second Sight are bringing this acclaimed chiller back to life with a brand-new Limited Edition dual-format release featuring the world premiere on 4K UHD plus Blu-ray… which will ensure you won’t want to get rid of The Babadook.
This standout film sees Essie Davis as a grief-stricken mother who is desperately trying to bring up her troubled son the best she can, will a new book be the answer to his sleep woes, or is it the beginning of an unimaginable nightmare?
Following the violent death of her husband on the day their son Samuel (Noah Wiseman) was born, Amelia struggles with his erratic behaviour, and is still battling with the never-ending grief. As Samuel’s 7th birthday approaches his fears get worse, he’s convinced a monster is coming to get them, and he won’t settle, no matter how many bedtime stories he’s told. When an intriguing storybook appears on the bookshelf, Samuel becomes convinced that the Babadook is the monstrous creature he’s always feared….
The stunning Limited Edition is released on 26 July and is presented in a stunning rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond. Full of outstanding special features it includes brand-new and archive interviews, audio commentaries, a short film and a 150-page hardback book with brand new essays and collectors’ art cards, please find full details below.
- 4K / Blu-ray dual format release
- 4K mastered by the original post production facility and presented in HDR10
- Audio Commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
- This Is My House!: An interview with Essie Davis
- The Sister: interview with Hayley McElhinney
- Don’t Let It In: An interview with Kristina Ceyton
- Conjuring Nightmares: An interview with Kristian Moliere
- Shaping Darkness: an interview with Simon Njoo
- If It’s in a Name or in a Look: interview with Alex Holmes
- The Bookmaker: an interview with Alexander Juhasz
- Ba-Ba-Ba…Dook!: An interview with Jed Kurzel
- Monster: short film
- They Call Him Mister Babadook: The Making Of
- There’s No Place Like Home: Creating the House
- Special Effects: Stabbing Scene
- The Stunts
- Illustrating Evil: Creating the Book
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Peter Diamond
- 150-page hardback book with new essays by Daniel Bird, Anna Bogutskaya, Kat Ellinger, Rich Johnson, Jon Towlson and Laura Venning, archive interview with Jennifer Kent, production stills and original artwork concepts.
- 6 collectors’ art cards
- 4K UHD region Free / Blu-ray region B