Oh maaan, you’ve got to love this from Netflix and Stranger Things! They’re giving you the chance to set sail on an ocean of flavour… from Hawkins, Indiana to a Hawkins Road near you, this summer Scoops Ahoy will travel the UK and Ireland giving away free retro ice-cream to the nation!
While it kicked off yesterday in Glasgow and Dumfries, they’re continuing today and into next week right across the UK, even down here in the Westcountry, to coincide with the launch of Stranger Things 3, Netflix UK have recreated the iconic ice cream parlour, Scoops Ahoy, as an Upside Down 1985-themed ice cream van.
The upside-down ice cream van, complete with eerie Stranger Things melodic chimes inspired by the soundtrack, features two sides – a 1980s ice-cream parlour in pastel pinks, blues and whites, and a dark side straight out of the famous Stranger Things ‘upside-down’ world.
From Hawkins to Hawkins – Scoops Ahoy will visit 10 “Hawkins Roads” around the UK and Ireland, offering free ice cream to all those who live there. The van will also visit city centres, major summer events and seaside towns, serving themed ice cream flavours including gloriously retro Coke Float, Cherries Jubilee, Banana Boat and July 4th! Further details found in the menu below.
Scoops Ahoy planned route:
- Friday 5th July – Hawkins Drive, Leeds
- Saturday 6th July – Hawkins Place, Bilston, and Hawkins Crescent, Newport
- Sunday 7th July – Barry Island Pleasure Park
- Monday 8th July – Hawkins Close, Plymouth and Hawkins Road, Exeter
- Tuesday 9th July – Hawkins Close, Bognor Regis
- Wednesday 10th July – New Road, Brighton and Hawkins Way, Hailsham
- Thursday 11th July – Truman Brewery London
- Friday 12th July – London
- Saturday 13th July – Dreamland, Margate
- Sunday 14th July – Hawkins Road, Cambridge
- Monday 15th July – Hawkins Close, Manchester and Hawkins Street, Liverpool
- Wednesday 17th July – Dublin
Stranger Things 3 is available now, only on Netflix.