After releasing some very smart Limited Edition version of these titles recently, Second Sight now bring a slew of their must have cult classic films to Standard Edition Blu-ray! Getting the new release treatment, to open up these great films, to a wider audience, on 19th and 26th April is In Bruges, Flight of the Navigator World On A Wire and Upgrade.
While we could just list the usual, we thought it’d be more handy to get a complete summary of what each of the discs contain, and links to pre-order now! Keep scrolling and let’s kick off with the brilliant….
The hilariously dark hitman movie with a heart, In Bruges, gets its Standard-Edition Blu-ray release, complete with special features on 19 April from Second Sight. The film from award-winning director Martin McDonagh (Three Bill Boards Outside Ebbing Missouri), the film was originally released in 2008 and has gone on to earn cult status. It sees Brendan Gleeson (Cold Mountain) and Colin Farrell (The Lobster) in career defining, critically acclaimed performances, as a pair of hired heavies.
• Six Shooter: Martin McDonagh’s Oscar Winning Short Film in HD
• Shoot First, Sightsee Later: A New Interview With Director of Photography Eigil Bryld
• Finding the Rhythm: A New Interview With Editor Jon Gregory
• Finding Bruges: A New Interview With Production Designer Michael Carlin
• The Alcove Guy: A New Interview With Actor Eric Godon
• When in Bruges – interviews with cast and crew and on-set footage
• Strange Bruges – interviews with cast and crew and on-set footage
• Deleted Scenes
• Boat Trip Around Bruges
• Gag Reel
• Optional English subtitles for the hard of hearing
Head here for the Limited Edition review, and Order Now: https://amzn.to/31j4Myz
Flight of the Navigator
Oh god I LOVED this film growing up! Take a journey back in time to re-live family sci-fi classic Flight of the Navigator starring Joey Cramer, Sarah Jessica Parker and Paul Reubens, as it arrives on Standard Edition Blu-ray in an outstanding restored version, that was supervised by director Randal Kleiser (Grease, The Blue Lagoon), on 19 April from Second Sight.
The year is 1978 and 12-year-old David Freeman is knocked unconscious while playing. He wakes up and discovers it’s now 1986 and he’s been missing for eight years. NASA believes he’s been abducted by aliens and want to use him for their research. But with the guidance of a strange unseen entity he discovers a hidden spaceship and with the help of MAX the computer sets off on an incredible mission to get back to the past where he belongs…
• Brand New Second Sight 4K Scan and Restoration supervised by Director Randal Kleiser
• Directing the Navigator – New Interview With Randal Kleiser
• Producing the Navigator – New Interview With Dimitri Villard
• Playing The Navigator – New interview with Joey Cramer
• Mother of The Navigator – New interview with Veronica Cartwright
• Brother of The Navigator – New interview with Matt Adler
• ‘From Concept to Creation: The Special Effects of Flight of the Navigator’ – New interviews with Jeff Kleiser, Randal Kleiser and Edward Eyth
Here’s our Limited Edition review, and Order Now: https://amzn.to/3dalWE5
World on a Wire
Rainer Werner Fassbinder’s dystopian sci-fi epic World on a Wire was way ahead of its time, with fascinating themes that would later be explored in films such as The Matrix. Now this hugely influential classic arrives in a stunningly restored Standard Edition Blu-ray on 26 April from Second Sight.
Simulacron 1 is a highly advanced project, designed to elevate conventional computer technology to a new level by creating a virtual reality inhabited by computer-generated people or ‘identity units’. When the head of the project dies mysteriously after showing signs of mental disturbance, Dr Stiller becomes his successor. As he begins to probe deeper into Simulacron, the line between the real and virtual world becomes increasingly blurred and his own existence is questioned.
• No Strings Attached – an interview with assistant director Renate Leiffer
• Observing Fassbinder – a tribute to photographer Peter Gauhe
• Looking Ahead to Today documentary
• On-set featurette
• Original Broadcast Recap
• The Simulation Argument – an interview with Professor Nick Bostrom
Our Limited Edition review is here, and Pre-Order now: https://amzn.to/3ddDDmx
The critically acclaimed breakout Sci-Fi hit, Upgrade from director Leigh Whannell (Insidious, Saw) and the team behind Get Out, gets a new Blu-ray release in Standard Edition complete with an enhanced slew of special features.
In a near-future world, where technology controls everything, technophobe Grey Trace (Logan Marshall-Green – The Invitation, Spider-Man: Homecoming) is the victim of a brutal mugging that leaves his wife dead and him paralysed. A reclusive billionaire inventor offers him an experimental cure, an A.I. implant called STEM. Grey accepts and is immediately transformed into an unstoppable killing machine with enhanced strength and agility. Now it’s payback time. Genre specialist Blumhouse and the visionary creator of the Saw franchise team up to create an instant cyberpunk classic.
• Not Action. Not Sci-Fi. More: A new interview with Director Leigh Whannell
• Permission Granted: A new interview with Producer Kylie Du Fresne
• Future Noir: A new interview with Cinematographer Stefan Duscio
• Hacking Upgrade: A new interview with Editor Andy Canny
• The Art of Fighting Without Fighting: A new interview with Fight Choreographer Chris Weir
• Optional English Subtitles for the Hard of Hearing