As a big ‘Jurassic’ fans, we’re delighted to announced that Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is coming to Digital on 19th October, as well as on 4K UHD, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand on 5th November 2018, featuring more than an hour of bonus content – including Chris Pratt’s behind-the-scenes “Jurassic Journals” captured on-set.
Despite initial concerns, this global blockbuster from Amblin Entertainment and Universal Pictures held the No. 1 spot for four straight weeks at the international box office, topped the North American box office for two weeks and earned over $1 billion in global ticket sales. With the release of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, the Jurassic films are now one of the top grossing franchises of all-time grossing over $4.7 billion at the box office. Which is quite exceptional.
Directed by J.A. Bayona, and exec-produced by Steven Spielberg and Colin Trevorrow, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom see Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) return to Isla Nublar three years after the destruction of the Jurassic World theme park to rescue any remaining dinosaurs on the island from a catastrophic volcano that threatens to leave dinosaurs extinct once again. Owen is driven to save his lead raptor, Blue, while Claire makes it her mission to preserve the creatures that she has grown to deeply respect. When the lava begins to rain down, they soon discover terrifying new breeds of ferocious dinosaurs along with a conspiracy that could threaten the entire world…
Firstly, here’s a little look and then all the important extras you want to know about!
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO 4K UHD & BLU-RAY:
· Return to Hawaii – Cast and crew discuss shooting the film in Hawaii.
· Aboard the Arcadia – Cast and crew discuss working with the animatronic dinosaurs.
· FALLEN KINGDOM: The Conversation – Filmmakers and cast sit down for a candid and casual conversation about Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
· A Song for the KINGDOM – Justice Smith sings for the cast and crew of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
BONUS FEATURES ON DVD, 4K ULTRA HD & BLU-RAY:
· The KINGDOM Evolves – Filmmakers discuss how the second chapter in the Jurassic World trilogy pushes the franchise in a new direction.
· Island Action – A behind-the-scenes look at the bunker scene and runaway gyrosphere sequence.
· Start the Bidding! – A behind-the-scenes look at the auction scene.
· On Set with Chris & Bryce – Go behind the scenes with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.
· Birth of the Indoraptor – An inside look at the genetically designed monstrosity known as the Indoraptor.
· Death by Dino – Go behind the scenes as the Indoraptor faces off with a key character.
· Monster in a Mansion – Director J.A. Bayona discusses how Jurassic Park and Dracula (1979) influenced his approach to directing the monster in a mansion scene.
· Rooftop Showdown – A look at the terrifying showdown on the rooftop of the Lockwood Mansion.
· Malcolm’s Return – Behind the scenes with the one & only Jeff Goldblum.
· VFX Evolved – The team at ILM discuss their cutting-edge approach to creating dinosaurs.
· Chris Pratt’s Jurassic Journals
o Vivian Baker, Makeup Artist
o Mary Mastro, Hair Stylist
o Chris Murphy, 1st Assistant Sound
o Dean Bailey, Stunt Edge Car Driver
o Peter Harcourt, Diver
o Daniella Pineda and Justice Smith, Actors
o Jody Wiltshire, Set PA
o Kelly Krieg, Assistant Script Supervisor
o J.A. Bayona, Director
o James Cox, Stunt Performer
o Rachelle Beinart, Stunt Double
o Bryce Dallas Howard interviews Chris Pratt, Actor