It’s astonishing to think that not only has it been 25 years since the release of this remarkable film but also that the story is as relevant as ever, in both the historical sense and in the worrying, rising changing times of extreme politics and beliefs sweeping the globe. That being said, there’s never a time where Schindler’s List shouldn’t be revisited and this restored version also comes to 4K UHD for the first time, alongside new features which includes Schindler’s List: 25 Years Later, where legendary Director Steven Spielberg joins actors Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, Embeth Davidtz and Caroline Goodall to reflect on the making of the film and its legacy.
Originally gathering an incredible 12 Academy Award nominations, and taking home 7 of those including Best Picture and Best Director, Schindler’s List rapidly became one of the most respected films of all-time. The true story follows enigmatic Oskar Schindler (Neeson), who saved the lives of more than 1,100 Jews during the Holocaust. It is the triumph of one man who made a difference and the drama of those who survived one of the darkest chapters in human history because of what he did. Meticulously restored from the original film negative in pristine high definition and supervised by Steven Spielberg, Schindler’s List is a powerful story whose lessons of courage and faith continue to inspire generations.
The film also earned Oscars for composer John Williams, screenwriter Steven Zaillian and director of photography Janusz Kaminiski, as well as art directors Allan Starski and Ewa Braun, Editor Michael Kahn and producers Gerald R. Molen and Branko Lustig. Neeson also received a Best Actor Academy Award nomination for his portrayal of Oskar Schindler. Ralph Fiennes’ star-making performance as the cruel Nazi commander, Amon Goeth, was nominated for Best Supporting Actor, as was Oscar-winner Ben Kingsley in the role of Schindler’s Jewish accountant, Itzhak Stern.
Schindler’s List is an undeniable classic that must be seen to be fully experienced, and it’s available to buy now: https://amzn.to/2XrQzMM
BONUS FEATURES AVAILABLE ON 4K UHD AND BLU-RAY:
- Schindler’s List: 25 Years Later – Director Steven Spielberg joins actors Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, Embeth Davidtz and Caroline Goodall at the Tribeca Film Festival to reflect on the making of the film and its legacy.
- Voices from the List – Featuring documentary with testimonies from those who survived the Holocaust thanks to Oskar Schindler.
- USC Shoah Foundation Story with Steven Spielberg – The director shows how filmingSchindler’s List inspired him to establish the USC Shoah Foundation – The Institute for Visual History and Education.
- Let Their Testimonies Speak — Stronger Than Hate – Founder Steven Spielberg and others speak about the transformative power of testimony to inspire empathy, understanding and respect to counter hatred.
- About IWitness – IWitness is an educational website developed by USC Shoah Foundation that brings the testimonies from its Visual History Archive to educators and their students via engaging multimedia learning activities. IWitness connects students with the past, engages them in the present and equips them to build a more tolerant future.