Fancy getting your QT-inspired film knowledge up a notch? Well, Sony Movie Channel will air ‘Quentin Tarantino Presents the Swinging Sixties a Movie Marathon’, a series of 9 films from the Columbia Pictures library, dating from 1958 to 1970, personally curated by the writer/director, all of which served as a specific influence in the creation of his latest 1969-set film.
Beginning on the 5th August, interstitial segments featuring conversations between Tarantino and noted film- writer Kim Morgan will accompany each film, along with a first look at scenes from Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood. Tarantino had this to say:
“Sony Pictures made their Columbia Pictures catalogue available to me so that I could select a series of films representative of the era in which Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood is set, The Swinging Sixties. I’m thrilled to host these movies so we can enjoy them together.”
The nine films that comprise this unique series, ‘Swinging Sixties a Movie Marathon’, are:
- Model Shop – Monday 5th August, 11:30pm
- Getting Straight – Tuesday 6th August, 11:30pm
- Arizona Raiders – Wednesday 7th August, 11:30pm
- Gunman’s Walk – Thursday 8th August, 11:30pm
- Hammerhead – Friday 9th August, 11:30pm
- Easy Rider – Saturday 10th August, 11:30pm
- Cactus Flower – Sunday 11th August, 1:35am
- Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice – Sunday 11th August, 11:30pm
- The Wrecking Crew – Monday 12th August, 1:45am
The series will premiere on Sony Movie Channel (Freeview 32, Sky 321, Virgin 425, Freesat 302) beginning Monday 5th August, with the films airing nightly (either individually or as double features) as a lead up to the 14th August theatrical release of Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood, and films will air on Sony Pictures Television’s networks in over 60 territories worldwide.